This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Filler arcs in character articles...||Post|
Character article such as Naruto Uzumaki has a plot category. Under each, there is a name of the Arc and what happened to the character during that Arc. However, filler Arcs don't get that treatment. There is just a link in which there is a summary of the story but not what specific character was doing or what happened to him.
I know that some Arcs are chronologically different. But those Arcs are mostly memories from the past. In other words, Konoha history Arc is about Konoha rebuilding Konoha and Naruto and other characters remembering what happened during Part I.
But not even all Filler Arcs are like that. Some even fit perfectly like Twelve Guardian Ninja Arc.
Even more, sometimes canon and filler is mixed, so by excluding filler, you exclude canon as well.
The ones that I think should include such info directly would be at least these Arcs:
- Land of Tea Arc (No reason not to have it)
- Twelve Guardian Ninja (Fits perfectly)
- Three Tails Arc (Fits chronologically and even has canon elements)
- Tsuchigumo Kinjutsu Arc (Fits chronologically, has an important ending)
- Konoha History Arc (It has all sorts of flashbacks but mostly it is about Konoha rebuilding while some remember their adventures. Also has very important canon elements.)
- Adventures at Sea Arc (Mostly it fits as an adventure while Naruto travels the Sea.)
Also, it is not consistent to have these descriptions in some characters articles and not in others.
Here is just a few reasons why it would be a good idea:
- More consistent with Narutopedia
- More detailed, more informations (some which Narutopedia greatly lacks right now)
- More easily accessible informations, easier searching
- More complete characters articles
- Because otherwise informations about canon parts are lost as well.
I hardly thing we lack information. Most filler arcs had their size reduced in character pages, mostly because in several of them, for example, Konoha History and Adventures at Sea, characters simply show up in one episode, do something, and if they show up again, it's a completely different situation. It was creating many one sentence paragraphs. Links to the arc pages were added so those little sentences wouldn't clash with the rest of the article, while still pointing to the reader that the character had a role in that arc. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 05:27, August 25, 2012 (UTC)