Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Dattebayo vs. Believe It||Post|
People keep changing the Word used at the end of the Mission Statement for the Wiki. The wiki was made in english and most likely the english traditions should be kept when making quotes not actualy related to the Anime. Please discuss this instead of repeatedly altering the mission statement of the wiki which has been here for a long time. Till this is discussed the quote should read Believe It! because that was the original text of the quote. Dantman (Talk) 23:20, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
I'm sorry. When I first came up with it, I had no means of controversy. I only ment it as a fun little thing that might get people more introseted. -LoneWolf 5
- Ok, but it would be best to not mix Japaniese into English. We should keep them defined seperate so we don't confuse people. Dantman (Talk) 03:59, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
- Why not put Believe it! as the text, and the link goes to dattebayo. Many fans use dattebayo, as opposed to believe it. This is because dattebayo has no literal translation. -Dubtiger, 6:26pm EST
O.k is the fight over with DatteBayo Subject and Beileve it over?
- Believe It! should stay the text because that is what is used in the english form, and we are the english Narutopedia. But instead of that, we should move the current Dattebayo article to Dattebayo and Believe It!, and create a redirect to there from Believe It, Believe It!, Believe it, and Believe it! to that page to. And the text in the quote can have the link characters [[ and ]] placed arround them. Dantman (Talk) 10:18, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
- Took a few minutes to decipher that... Hmm... Well, the current Dattebayo article is ok the way it is right now. I see it as really straight-forward... -Dubtiger, 10:27pm EST, Feb. 14
Why can we just use both as way greet the newcomers lol like Believe it and DATTE BAYO lolDarkLordofChaos90 05:00, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- Great idea. So, good that I'm going to do that to the main page.
- -LoneWolf 5
Still it binding of two cultures and displays the now Believe it and Dattebayo which would make some sense with newcomers and original Japanese fans ..DarkLordofChaos90 05:38, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
- But we need to find a better way of blending the two together without ruining the way the greeting is phrased. How about this for a compromise: Wikia has the random option extension installed, using
<choose><option>Option 1</option><option>Option 2</option></choose>does this "Option 1" (Refresh the page a few times to see what happends), how about we use that feature to randomly display Believe It! and Dattebayo! with both of them linking to an article on the subject. We really should expand that Dattebayo article with a redirect from Believe It, because that article is a key bit of information on one of the differences between the English and Japanese versions, it should properly explain that, otherwise there isn't much use for it. Dantman (Talk) 17:37, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
- How about a page that explains all of the differences between the Japanesse version and the American one? -LoneWolf 5
- That's what I'm saying that the Dattebayo article should be able. The differences between the terms. And other than our Naruto Series article, we're also going to have a page for both the different anime, the manga, a page for the manga part 1 and part 2, and all the other stuff. We can outline differences in things there to. Dantman (Talk) 19:29, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- Dattebayo is Japanese, and Believe It is english. This is a Cannon wiki not a fansite, and that's used in the introductory quote of the encyclopedia. But besides that, you should read over a discussion instead of just making a question which starts the discussion over, there have already been compromises suggested and the discussion is almost over. All we need are some opinions on the other parts of the quote at Talk:Main Page. Dantman (Talk) 16:27, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- This is all my fault. If this problem is just going to keep coming up about the Mission Statment then I might just rid of it! As I said on Yarediscool's page it's caused NOTHING but trouble. I came up with it as a cool idea and instead has brought up a HUGE fight. Of course I'll need permission to delete the entire thing. *sigh* And don't say that we should keep it.LoneWolf 5 17:44, 1 March 2007 (UTC)LoneWolf 5
What is going on? something like this should be over by now and we try to make suggestions and the other person just shut it down. i agree with Dantman on just keeping Beleive it on the main page and having a article that tell us the diffence of Dattebayo and Beileve it!. you have to have some fun on this sight to choose the differenc for example like other wiki have so ( all these are fictional) and still have great info which I didnt know and so on. So what mean is to add some character to this site or its virtually useless to look at.DarkLordofChaos90 23:24, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- It's basicly over. It's just LoneWolf 5 addresed something in the intro statement about it making it sound like we dislike people who know nothing about naruto, which are the people we're acutaly trying to educate. So I formatted a new intro statement and it's at Talk:Main Page, I just want some feedback on it before I put it up on the Main Page and the listing page. Dantman (Talk) 23:46, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'm sorry. When I first came up with it I did want it too be something fun. That's why I based it off of the questions that Kakashi asked when Team 7 met for the first time. However it has become a big mess. Belive me Chaos I do want this site to be fun because I love Naruto LoneWolf 5 23:57, 1 March 2007 (UTC)LoneWolf 5
- No, that talkpage is about the catch phrase. This forum article is an old discussion on what we should do about the mission statement on the main page. Which was already resolved with the pick of a random output. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) current discussion May 22, 2008 @ 07:10 (UTC)