This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Début Issues||Post|
I was wondering if we are following a certain guidline when it comes to determining the début of a character. Why is Sakumo's début in chapter 425 and not in chapter 240? Why is Deidara's in chapter 247 and not in chapter 238? Why is Madara's in chapter 280 and not in chapter 217? Why is Yagura's in chapter 507 and not in chapter 420? Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
I want answers dammit! (>_<)
- People changed them I would guess. They are supposed to be listed as their first appearance, not their first important appearance.
- I've probably changed a number of those. The first time a character does something seems more useful than the first time a character appears, usually only partially, in a single panel. This is much more beneficial in cases like Kakuzu, whose cameo is almost 100 chapters before his proper appearance. ~SnapperTo 23:44, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
- However, that isn't really what a début is. A début is the first time a character appears, regardless of what they do. At least, that's what I think.
- That's why I created this topic. To get some clarity on the subject and to make sure there is a decent, consistent guideline.
- @TheUltimate3: The birds... They sit outside my window... Watching me...... Biding their time. —ShounenSuki (talk | contribs | translations) 00:20, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- The way I see it, we could list their very first appearance, regardless of what they do, we could list their first meaningful appearance, or both. Not very fond of the both option. Manga wise, I think that splash page debuts should only be used if the character doesn't have a very first or meaningful appearance. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 00:55, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- On another issue, I was under the impression that since manga/anime coincide that was the reason both were listed in the debut of the infobox. When they appear in a game or a movie, I don't think listing a debut is a good use of infobox space. SimAnt 01:24, August 27, 2010 (UTC)