Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
|Forums: Index → Narutopedia Discussion → Chapter Tenses||Post|
Hey guys! Before I shall do more editing of chapters, shouldn't chapters written in past tense rather than in present tense? It's stated on the policy that articles should be written in past tense but why all chapters were in present tense? —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me|My Wiki) 08:50, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Before we have another epidemic on our hands I believe this should be sorted. As far as I know policy says write character articles in past tense. This however has been overlooked somewhat in the past and written in present tense and then rewritten in past tense. I believe that to be counter-productive and a bit of a hassle so they should be written in past tense. Chapter/episode summaries, however, have always been written in present continuous tense which I also see no issue with since it's just a summary.--Cerez365™(talk) 12:37, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Which is why I assume they've always written the summaries in present tense. Getting more structure on this would be best though so editors know how to proceed.--Cerez365™(talk) 12:56, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Character articles are best written in past tense given that situations will end up being in the past. Episode/manga summaries are different to me, present tense isn't a problem there. But that's just my opinion outside of the rules.--Cerez365™(talk) 13:33, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't really see a problem about the characters. It looks perfectly with the past tense. [You didn't see my message or you're unwilling to answer it. :D] —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me|My Wiki) 13:36, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh gosh it's my edit. People didn't revert it LOL. —IndxcvNovelist (Talk to Me|My Wiki) 04:30, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
The way I understand it (don't know if I'm right), past tense is used in character articles because it shows their entire history, and chapter articles are like "as it happens". Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:50, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Chapter summaries and chapter articles are the same thing. The same goes for episode guides.--Cerez365™(talk) 10:05, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Omnibender is saying that characters should be in past tense because it's a collection of things they do. If we did them in present tense we will have to change them to past tense every week/two weeks so we should keep them in past. Chapter articles and chapter summaries should be in present tense though. Joshbl56 12:36, May 29, 2012 (UTC)