Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
|Rōmaji||Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu|
|Literal English||Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique|
|English TV||Fire Style: Fireball Technique|
|Other||Fire Style: Grand Fireball Technique|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #5|
|Movie||Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow|
|Game||Naruto: Clash of Ninja|
|OVA||Find the Four-Leaf Red Clover!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game and Movie|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
|Hand seals||Horse → Tiger or Snake → Ram or Tiger → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger|
A technique where chakra concentrated between chest and mouth is converted into fire and expelled from the mouth either as a massive orb of roaring flame or as a continuous flame-thrower. The scope of the attack is altered by controlling the volume of chakra that is mustered. The released flames will engulf their target, and leave a crater on the ground's surface. This technique apparently requires more than average chakra reserves and most genin should not be able to do this technique.
The Uchiha clan also uses this technique as a "coming of age" rite, using it to test wether a young Uchiha is fully matured or not, and as such was a common and one of the more favoured technique amongst them.
- According to Kakashi Hatake, this technique was originally created by the Uchiha clan, becoming one of their favoured moves at which they became very adept.
- The characters for Fireball (火球) also means a "bolide", a "comet", and a "shooting star".
- The manga portrays use of this technique as unique to the Uchiha clan, while the anime has portrayed it as a common Fire Release technique used by several non-Uchiha.
- In the video game Naruto Shippūden: Dragon Blade Chronicles, Naruto's Dragon Blade enables him to perform this technique (though he refers to it as Fire Shot) despite Fire not being his nature type.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 4, after learning all other techniques and beating Kakashi in battle, he will teach the player this technique and allows the player to customise it to characters in free battle.
- In Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 5, during The Chambers of the Darkness: The White Chapter, you get a scroll with this technique in the last room of Orochimaru's Hideout.
- During his battle with Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura and Chiyo, Itachi was seen using the hand seals: Boar, Horse, and Tiger to create this technique.