|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #139|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga|
This is an unnamed ability possessed by Black Zetsu that allows it to record events that it has personally witnessed.
When used in conjunction with its signature Mayfly technique, Black Zetsu can gather data from battles without being detected. In order to show these recordings to others, it must first merge with the recipient. Black Zetsu, over the centuries, claims it was able to record the entire history of shinobi to later show its creator, Kaguya Ōtsutsuki, after her revival.
Known Events Recorded
- The Ten-Tails' sealing.
- The creation of the moon.
- Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki teaching ninshū to his sons, Indra and Asura Ōtsutsuki.
- Its own temptation of Indra.
- The fight between Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju.
- Madara's first revival and subsequent implantation of Hashirama's DNA.
- Madara awakening the Rinnegan and summoning the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path for the first time.
- Its own initial merging with White Zetsu.
- The fight between Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha. 
- The fight between Itachi Uchiha and Sasuke Uchiha.
- The fight between Kisame Hoshigaki and Killer B.
- Kabuto Yakushi and Obito Uchiha teaming up for the Fourth Shinobi World War.