Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
|Rōmaji||Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu|
|Literal English||Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique|
|Viz manga||Earth Style: Hiding Mole|
|English TV||Earth Style: Hidden Mole Jutsu|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #93|
|Game||Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Game|
This technique changes earth into fine sand by channelling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. This effect goes around the body (not just the hands), making it just large enough for a person to move through. The user can pinpoint where they are, despite being underground, by sensing the magnetic forces. They can also sense what is happening on the surface and use that information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. One can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy can't reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.
When combined with clone techniques, the user can use the clone to lure their enemies into a trap or false sense of security before launching a surprise attack from below.
- In chapter 297, Sai was seen hiding in the ground and moving as though he was using this technique but it's unconfirmed whether or not he can use it.
- Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
- Earth Release: Hiding in Rock Technique
- Earth Release: Subterranean Voyage
- Earth Release: Underground Projection Fish Technique