|(ドス・キヌタ, Dosu Kinuta)|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #21|
|Game||Naruto: Path of the Ninja|
|OVA||Finally a clash! Jōnin vs. Genin!! Indiscriminate Grand Melee Tournament Meeting!!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga and Game|
|Age||Part I: 14|
|Height||Part I: 156 cm1.56 m |
|Weight||Part I: 49 kg108.026 lb|
Dosu was demonstrated to be a very alert and logical ninja. He rarely rushed into anything before first observing and analysing the situation. Dosu seemed very loyal to Orochimaru's cause and, to a lesser degree, his team-mates. Although he claimed that Oto-nin are willing to sacrifice their own team-mates for their cause, he promised to avenge Zaku after his debilitating defeat by Shino Aburame. He showed dedication to Orochimaru's task of killing Sasuke Uchiha, but became disillusioned after learning that Orochimaru had given Sasuke a cursed seal. Realising that he and his team were pawns used to determine Sasuke's worth, Dosu became determined to undermine Orochimaru by completing the task of killing Sasuke. He has also been described as courteous and reliable.
Dosu had bandages covering most of his face, leaving only his left eye uncovered. He also wore a large poncho with long sleeves, a snake patterned scarf around his neck, a straw raincoat protruding from the back of his scarf, and a large amplifier on his right arm for most of his attacks. His back was hunched, which made him look smaller than he actually was.
Dosu's battle style revolved around his ability to manipulate sound. Like Zabuza Momochi, he had a very keen awareness and understanding of sound-waves. During the first round of the Chūnin Exams, he simply listened to the strokes of other ninja's pencils to determine what they were writing for the written test. His main attack was done with help from the "Melody Arm" on his right forearm, which he used to generate sound for his attacks. His abilities attacked the inner ear, directing his sound deep into it, which would cause great pain, disorientation, vertigo and nausea. During their match, Chōji attempted to block his attacks by pulling his head inside his Human Bullet Tank, only to be thwarted by the fact that, by directing sound through the water in his body, Dosu could still generate the effect. Chōji was instantly defeated by the attack.
Chūnin Exam Arc
Dosu passed the written portion of the Chūnin Exams by interpreting the sound of others' pencil markings. During the second phase, Dosu initiated his team's real mission: killing Sasuke Uchiha. After Team 7's fight with Orochimaru had finished, Sasuke fainted due to the affects of Orochimaru's Juinjutsu, and Naruto passed out during the battle, leaving only Sakura, so Team Dosu attacked.
While fighting Sakura, Rock Lee, and Team 10 in an effort to fulfil this goal, Dosu noticed that Sasuke had received one of Orochimaru's cursed seals. Uncertain why Orochimaru had done this, and otherwise outnumbered, his team fled. During the preliminaries, Dosu defeated Chōji Akimichi, and was assigned to fight Shikamaru Nara during the first round of the finals. In an effort to make sure that Sasuke survived until they could fight, so that Dosu could kill him personally, he challenged Gaara, Sasuke's first opponent, on the roof top of Kikyō Castle. Gaara promptly killed him, while Baki and Kabuto Yakushi witnessed it.
Dosu Kinuta is a playable character in the following video games:
|Game name||Japanese release||English release|
|Naruto: Konoha Senki||12 September 2003|
- Dosu is named for the sound "crunching" especially those made by footsteps. His last name, "Kinuta", is the Japanese word for the incus or 'anvil' bone in the ear.
- In Finally a clash! Jōnin vs. Genin!! Indiscriminate Grand Melee Tournament Meeting!!, Dosu can be seen standing behind Sakura Haruno while she explains that the jōnin are also going to participate in the event.
- Like many of the other characters, Dosu appeared in the omake at the end of Naruto Shippūden episode 129, along with the rest of his team.
- (To Ibiki) "Sorry, it's our first time. Guess we're a little jumpy… Sir."
- (To Lee) "Effort by itself does nothing. Now watch, we're going to show you something called the wall."
- (To Lee) "Oh, I forgot to mention this little gadget I wear. You might be able to dodge my blows, but you can't get away from it."
- (To Chōji) "Fine, Fatso - if you want this match to end quickly, I'll just win it quickly."
- (To himself, after he defeats Chōji) "Lord Orochimaru, or rather Orochimaru, now do you see? I'm more than a mere puppet."
- (To Gaara) "I wonder which is faster, your sand or my sound?"