|Character Bind Technique|
|Literal English||Character Bind Technique|
|English TV||Word Bind Jutsu|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #149|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
The Character Bind Technique (字縛術, Jibakujutsu) was a technique developed by Shiranami, which enables him to do many things, based on the kanji that he writes in the air.
The effects of these kanji have been shown:
- 操, which comes from the verb 操る (ayatsuru), meaning to manipulate. This character allows Shiranami to manipulate and control his opponent. The effect manifests when Shiranami writes he kanji in the air at the target's direction; at which point, the kanji appears on the recipient's person. That individual then becomes a subject to Shiranami's will. However, as with the Infinite Embrace, it is not absolute, since a person with tremendous chakra can easily dispel the effect.
- 岩 (iwa, rock), This character allows Shiranami to immobilise targets. In the case of clones, this dispels them.
- 爆 (baku, explode), This character causes several explosions that can also be used to dispel clones.
- 炎 (en, flames), This character creates a large wall of fire to keep the enemies away.
- 斬 (zan), which comes from the verb 斬る (kiru), meaning to kill with a blade. This character creates several wind blades.
- 割 (katsu, split), This character causes the ground underneath the target to split open.