|Character Bind Technique|
|Literal English||Character Bind Technique|
|English TV||Wordbind Jutsu|
|Anime||Naruto Shippūden Episode #149|
|Range||Short to Mid range|
This technique, developed by Shiranami, allows him to do many different things depending on the kanji he writes out on the air with his hands such as create fire, or sending the word to attack a target. Fairly versatile, this skill affords similar advantages to one-handed hand seals.
The effects of these kanji have been shown:
- 操, which comes from the verb 操る (ayatsuru), meaning to manipulate. This character allows Shiranami to manipulate and control his opponent. The effect manifests when Shiranami writes he kanji in the air at the target's direction; at which point, the kanji appears on the recepient's person. That individual then becomes a subject to Shiranami's will. However, as with the Infinite Embrace, it is not absolute, since a person with tremendous chakra can easily dispel the effect.
- 岩 (iwa, rock), This character allows Shiranami to immobilise targets. In the case of clones, this dispels them.
- 爆 (baku, explode), This character causes several explosions that can also be used to dispel clones.
- 炎 (en, flames), This character creates a large wall of fire to keep the enemies away.
- 斬 (zan), which comes from the verb 斬る (kiru), meaning to kill with a blade. This character creates several wind blades.
- 割 (katsu, split), This character causes the ground underneath the target to split open.