|Literal English||Black Ant|
|Manga||Volume #24, Chapter #213|
|Anime||Naruto Episode #125|
|Movie||Naruto the Movie 2: Legend of the Stone of Gelel|
|Game||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game, Movie|
Black Ant (黒蟻, Kuroari) is a puppet, originally created by Sasori, but was passed onto Kankurō. It has a much longer head than Crow with a bucket-shaped face sporting two sharp red horns and six arms; its facial features include three eyes similar to Crow, with a dark dishevelled hairstyle. Its overall body-frame somewhat resembles a large barrel.
Like Crow, Black Ant is able to detach any of its body parts for separate attacks. Black Ant's primary function is to capture opponents thus it does not contain as many hidden weapons as Crow, as each of its arm segments only contains a saw blade. When used in tandem with Crow, it can have devastating results.
Black Ant's head could also be seen in one of Chiyo's flashbacks. It was an unfinished puppet, with the Ant's head, without the three eyes. Black Ant was destroyed by Sasori when Kankurō fought against him after Gaara's capture early in Part II, and has since been repaired. During the Fourth Shinobi World War, Kankurō was shown to have gained a second Black Ant puppet, as seen when he trapped both Sasori and Deidara.
Black Ant's Arsenal
- Hidden serrated-blades in each segment of its arms.
- A barrel like stomach to capture opponents, this can execute attacks like Black Secret Technique Machine One Shot, Black Secret Technique Machine Two Shot and Black Secret Technique: Machine Triple Shot.
- All body parts are detachable for separate attacks.(Anime only)
- Needle launchers in the arms.(Anime only)
- Two scythes in its torso.(Movie only)
- ↑ Naruto chapter 518, page 14