Battle Stadium D.O.N
(バトルスタジアムDON, Batoru Sutajiamu DON)
|Video game info|
|Playable on||GameCube, PlayStation 2|
|Japanese||July 20, 2006|
Similar to the Super Smash Bros. series, the players are put onto either a moving or non-moving stage. Borrowing from Power Stone, these stages have some level of interactivity. Players must then fight their opponents. Unlike other fighters, D.O.N uses a combined health gauge, that is, decreasing the health of one player will in turn increase the health of the other players. Thus, in order for one player to win a fight, they must make their own health bar take up the entire bar. As such, a fight can potentially last indefinitely if no time limit is set. Also, there are in game techniques that can be pulled off (ie. Kamehameha for Goku and Summoning Technique for Naruto) and supers that can transform the characters into a new form (ie. Naruto's Rasengan turning him into the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox and Goku's Genki Dama turning him into Super Saiyan). In addition, some characters can induce a temporary transformation during the battle (ie. Sasuke's Sharingan and Luffy's Gear 2nd).
The single player mode has the player fight through five rounds, 2 or 3 of which have missions with goals selected randomly. However, depending on the difficulty chosen by the player, different amounts of missions are given out with easy giving the least and very difficult giving out the most. Fulfilling the missions' goals rewards the player with coins that can be used in the slot machine available upon completing the fights. The slot machine is the way through which unlockables are obtained. There are also items which you can buy to help the characters in battle.
Up to four players can participate in a multiplayer session, though a multitap must be used for more than two players for the PS2 version.
- Dragon Ball Z
- Son Goku [Super Saiyan] (Spirit Bomb/Genki Dama; Super Spirit Bomb/Super Genki Dama)
- Teen Gohan [Super Saiyan] (Super Kamehameha)
- Piccolo (Hellzone Grenade)
- Future Trunks [Super Saiyan] (Shining Sword Slash)
- Vegeta [Super Saiyan] (Final Flash)
- Frieza (Death Ball)
- Cell (Super Kamehamaha)
- One Piece
- Monkey D. Luffy [Gear Second] (Gomu Gomu No Hanabi/Gum Gum Fireworks)
- Roronoa Zoro (Santoryu Ogi: San-Zen-Se-Kai)
- Nami (Tornado Tempo)
- Usopp (Usopp Pound)
- Sanji (Mutton Shot)
- Tony Tony Chopper (Kokutei Cross)
- Naruto Uzumaki (Nine-Tailed Fox Mode) (Rasengan)
- Sasuke Uchiha (Cursed Seal Level 1) (Chidori)
- Sakura Haruno (Inner Sakura Power)
- Kakashi Hatake (Sharingan) (Lightning Cutter)
- Rock Lee (Five Gates) (Reverse Lotus)
- Gaara (Quicksand Waterfall Flow)
[ ] = Burst Mode ( ) = Special Attack
- Dragon Ball Z
- West City
- Planet Namek
- Hyperbolic Time Chamber
- World Tournament Arena
- One Piece
- The Going Merry
- Giant Jack
- Battle Stadium
Many of the stages have interactivity of some sort. Items and power-ups from each series are also found in the stages.
This game received a rating of 28/40 from Weekly Famitsu.